This really easy coconut cake will actually give you a taste of the tropical. Bake with a handful of storecupboard ingredients and enjoy with a cuppa
Baking Time 70m
Number Of Ingredients Needed 6
|115g butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra for greasing|
|225g self-raising flour|
|115g demerara sugar|
|100g desiccated coconut, plus extra for sprinkling|
|2 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|4 tbsp milk|
Mary Berry Cooks Up A Feast: Favourite Recipes for Occasions and Celebrations
- Hardcover Book
- Berry (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 03/10/2019 (Publication Date) - Dk (Publisher)
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, coconut, eggs and milk and mix to a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a palette knife. Bake for 30 mins.
- Remove the cake from the oven and sprinkle with the extra coconut. Return the cake to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins, until well risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool slightly in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts :
- Calories 498 calories
- Fat 29 grams fat
- Saturated Fat 20 grams saturated fat
- Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates
- Sugar 21 grams sugar
- Fiber 4 grams fiber
- Protein 8 grams protein
- Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium