Everyone loves a marble cake. The joy and surprise on the face of children when you present them with a dual colour bake is worth it in itself, but when you sit down to enjoy it, you’ll love it too.
- 3 free-range large eggs
- 175g (6oz) of margarine
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 40g Dark Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder (see instructions)
- 🎂 【3 Removable Cake Pan Set】Package includes 3 pcs nonstickt tier cheesecake pan: 4 inch, 7 inch and 9 inch. Fits in 5,6,8,9 quart instant pot...
- 🎂 【Premium Springform Cake Tin】Homeasy cake tin set 3 is made of high quality carbon steel and reinforced coating, BPA and PEOA free, 100% safe...
- 🎂 【Nonstick and Quick-Released Spring Loaded Pan】 Design of non-stick coating & honeycomb bottom allows your cake be released from cheesecake...
- 🎂 【More Size & More Choice】 3-pack springform cake tin set fills your recipe with more possibilities. 4 inch small cake tin is great for making...
Heat oven to 180°C. You then grease bottoms only of 2 (20 or 23cm) round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray.
You’ll also need some baking powder. If you’re using an electric whisk, a teaspoonful should be fine; if you’re using a processor, add a bit more – about 1½ teaspoonfuls.
The method is just as simple. Sieve the flour and baking powder together, add the sugar, margarine and eggs, and whisk (or blend in a processor). Easy peasy.
Continue, scraping down the sides occasionally, until you have a well-combined mixture that will drop off a spoon when tapped. If it seems a little stodgy, add a tiny drop of milk.
Seperate into 2 bowls, add the cocoa powder and mix together.
Spoon yellow and chocolate cake batters alternately into pans, dividing evenly. Cut through batters with table knife in zigzag pattern for marbled design.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely, top sides up, about 1 hour.
On a serving plate, place 1 cake, rounded side down (trim rounded side if necessary so cake rests flat). Spread with 55 grams frosting. Top with second cake, rounded side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting.