Welcome to the world of culinary enchantment, inspired by the one and only Mary Berry! Dive into the realm of exquisite flavors with our rendition of Mary Berry Inspired Lemon Meringue Pie. This cheat’s recipe eliminates the fuss, delivering the delightful essence of the classic dish with a touch of Mary Berry’s magic.
Serving up to 6, this pie features a buttery base, zesty lemon filling, and a cloud-like meringue topping. Prepare to embark on a journey of flavors and textures that dance harmoniously on your palate.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: Quick and Easy
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Dessert
About the Pie:
Enter the culinary legacy of Mary Berry with her Quickest Ever Lemon Meringue Pie. This Mary Berry Inspired recipe offers a shortcut, bypassing the intricate methods while retaining the incredible flavors. The result is a symphony of taste – from the luscious biscuit base to the vibrant lemony filling and the ethereal meringue top.
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) demerara sugar
- 175g (6oz) finely crushed digestive biscuits
- 1 x 394g tin of full-fat, sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 egg whites
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
Step 1: Prepare the Dish:
- Begin by greasing your 23cm (9in) round, straight-sided, or fluted ceramic tart dish. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
Step 2: Craft the Base:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, remove from heat, and mix in the sugar and biscuit crumbs. Press the mixture into the flan dish, using a spoon to create an even layer along the base and sides.
Step 3: Whisking the Magic:
- For the filling, pour the condensed milk into a bowl and beat in the egg yolks, lemon rind, and strained juice. Don’t worry if the mixture thickens and loosens; it’s the intriguing interplay of condensed milk and lemon juice. Pour this into the biscuit-lined dish.
Step 4: Heavenly Meringue:
- In a pristine bowl, whisk the egg whites into fluffy clouds using an electric hand whisk or a reliable balloon whisk. Gradually add the caster sugar, one teaspoon at a time, whisking vigorously between each addition. The electric whisk should be at full throttle.
Step 5: Assemble and Bake:
- Gently spoon the meringue over the lemony filling in separate dollops. Carefully spread it with the back of your spoon, covering the filling to the edges of the biscuit base. Create a gentle swirl on the meringue’s surface.
- Bake this masterpiece for 15-20 minutes, or until the meringue is kissed by a pale gold hue. Allow it to rest for around 30 minutes before slicing and indulging in the warmth of your creation.
Some of Mary’s Whispers of Wisdom:
- Crush biscuits by placing them in a sealed plastic bag and using a rolling pin to transform them into a fine crumb.
- Opt for full-fat condensed milk for a perfectly set filling.
- Separate the eggs one by one to preserve the purity of the whites, crucial for achieving proper whisking.
This recipe encapsulates the artistry of Mary Berry Inspired and your kitchen alchemy. A delightful twist on a classic, Our Fabulous Mary Berry Inspired Lemon Meringue Pie promises a slice of joy that’s both effortless and enchanting.