Welcome, my lovely bakers, to the wonderful world of Mary Berry-inspired baking! I am thrilled to have you here, ready to embark on a delightful culinary journey. With my years of experience and passion for all things sweet, I have crafted a recipe that captures the essence of timeless baking magic: Mary Berry’s Rhubarb Cake. This delectable treat beautifully balances the tartness of rhubarb with the comforting sweetness of a classic cake. So, tie on your aprons, preheat those ovens, and let’s dive into a baking adventure fit for a true baking enthusiast.
- Hardcover Book
- Berry, Mary (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 10/03/2019 (Publication Date) - DK (Publisher)
Oh, my darlings, let me share with you the coveted recipe for Mary Berry’s Rhubarb Cake. Get ready to immerse yourselves in the heavenly aromas and exquisite flavours that will transport you to a place of pure baking bliss.
- 350g (12 oz) rhubarb, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 250g (9 oz) self-raising flour
- 250g (9 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 250g (9 oz) golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 50g (2 oz) flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Mary Berry Complete Cookbook: Over 650 recipes
- Product type: ABIS BOOK
- Brand: DK
- Hardcover Book
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan/350°F/Gas 4). Grease and line a 23cm (9-inch) round cake tin with parchment paper.
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with a splash of water. Cook gently for about 5 minutes until softened. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and golden caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is well incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest, and mix well.
- Sift the self-raising flour into the bowl and fold it into the mixture gently. Add the milk and stir until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Gently fold in the cooked rhubarb until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and level the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the cooled cake with icing sugar before serving.
As the scent of rhubarb fills your kitchen, I hope you feel a sense of joy and accomplishment, my dear bakers. In this journey, you have embarked on a path of creativity and deliciousness. With every slice of this marvellous cake, I invite you to savour the magic of baking and the joy it brings to our lives.
Remember, my lovelies, the power of baking lies not only in the finished creation but in the shared moments and memories it creates. So, gather your loved ones, pour a cup of tea, and indulge in the simple pleasures of homemade treats. With this recipe as your guide, you hold the key to a world of endless possibilities and scrumptious delights.
Now, go forth, my darling bakers, and let your imaginations soar. Embrace the spirit of Mary Berry, with her love for all things baked, and continue to explore, experiment, and create your very own culinary masterpieces. I am confident that your future baking endeavors will be filled with triumphs and a sprinkle of my baking magic.
Until we meet again, my dear friends, happy baking! Also you need to try Our Fabulous Mary Berry Inspired Rhubarb Crumble Recipe