Indulge in the rich and decadent flavors of our Mary Berry inspired Chocolate Guinness Cake. This moist and chocolatey cake is infused with the deep flavors of Guinness Extra Stout, making it a delightful treat for any chocolate lover. Topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting, this cake is the perfect indulgence for special occasions or any time you crave a rich and satisfying dessert. So, let’s gather our ingredients and get ready to bake this scrumptious Chocolate Guinness Cake!
Basic Ingredients for Chocolate Guinness Cake:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Guinness Extra Stout
- 10 tablespoons (5 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, preferably Valrhona
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, preferably King Arthur Flour Organic All-Purpose
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
For the Topping:
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat the Guinness Extra Stout and butter until the butter is melted. Add the unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. Gradually pour in the Guinness/butter mixture while whisking continuously.
- Sift the all-purpose flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the batter until well combined, ensuring not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the cream cheese topping. In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the heavy cream and continue mixing until smooth and well combined.
- Once the cake is fully baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, carefully remove it from the pan and place it on a serving plate or cake stand. Spread the cream cheese topping evenly over the top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy this decadent Chocolate Guinness Cake with its rich flavors and creamy topping.
Indulge in the delightful combination of chocolate and Guinness with this Mary Berry inspired Chocolate Guinness Cake. It’s a showstopper dessert that will impress your guests and leave them wanting more. Happy baking!