Indulge in the delightful flavours of our Mary Berry inspired Sultana and Orange Traybake. This moist and fragrant cake is packed with juicy sultanas and the citrusy zest of oranges. With a delicate texture and a touch of sweetness from Demerara sugar, this traybake is perfect for afternoon tea or as a tasty treat any time of the day. So, let’s gather our ingredients and get ready to bake this scrumptious Sultana and Orange Traybake!
- 225g/8oz butter
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 275g/10oz self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 275g/10oz sultanas
- Grated rinds of 2 oranges (you can use 1 if preferred)
- Demerara sugar for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line the base of a 30 x 23cm/12 x 9in traybake tin with greased greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, measure all the ingredients except the demerara sugar. Beat them together well for about 2 minutes until the mixture is well blended.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Then, sprinkle the top of the cake with demerara sugar and return it to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. The cake should shrink from the sides of the tin and spring back when pressed in the center with your fingertips.
- Once baked, remove the traybake from the oven and leave it to cool in the tin.
Slice and serve this Mary Berry inspired Sultana and Orange Traybake for a delightful treat. The combination of juicy sultanas, fragrant orange zest, and the sweetness of demerara sugar will make this cake a favorite among your family and friends. Enjoy every bite of this moist and flavorful traybake!