This really easy tartiflette thats really tasty. Bake with a handful of store cupboard ingredients and enjoy with a cuppa.
Baking Time: 35m
Number Of Ingredients Needed: 6
|500g small potatoes, preferably new|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 large onion, finely chopped|
|125-150g smoked streaky bacon, chopped|
|125-150g button mushrooms, halved or quartered|
|125g Reblochon or Taleggio cheese, rind removed (or similar melting cheese)|
150ml single pouring cream
a little paprika
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Butter a shallow ovenproof dish. Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6
2. Boil the potatoes in salted ater until they are tender. Drain well and, once they have cooled enough to handle, slice them thickly.
3. Arrange them in the base of the buttered dish.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for a few minutes over a high heat. Add the bacon and fry for a few minutes more. Turn down the heat, cover the pan and cook for around 20 minutes until it is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the mushrooms to the mixture in the pan, raise the temperature and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes.
6. Tip the mixture over the potatoes and stir in.
7. Coarsely grate the cheese – or remaining cheese – over the top of the bacon and potato mixture.
8. Pour the seasoned cream over the top of the potato mixture, sprinkle with paprika. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes until crisp on top and piping hot.
9. Serve hot sprinkled with parsley and with a green salad on the side.