These fun little cakes baked in ice cream cones are perfect for little hands and not as messy as the traditional cupcake. I first made these in the summer for my little boy’s school fete, the response was phenomenal and they sold out in seconds!
They’re so easy to do, they look amazing and are guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face, even the adults.
They look really striking, but are not in fact too difficult to make…so why not impress your friends and family, by following our recipe and tips below?
We think they could also be enhanced to appeal to adults too, so we’ve added some potential twists for you to try out on your friends.
6. Leave to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
7. For the buttercream topping – place the icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract into a clean bowl and mix well.
8. Place the buttercream into a piping bag with a large star nozzle. We recommend either the Wilton 2D nozzle or for a larger swirl the Wilton 1M nozzle.
9. Swirl the buttercream onto each cup cake cone, starting from the outside edge working towards the center.
10. Finish with a flake and sprinkles.
Ice Creams for Grown Ups!
We think these would be great for adults with a few little changes and additions. Why not try…
Have fun and as always, let us know about your own attempts.